It’s Friday, people!! Whew, this week felt like a whirlwind— especially with the school year ending in just 3 WEEKS! Whoop whoop!
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned before, but we’re spending our summer back in DC again! Both Nate and I have summer jobs in the city, so we’ll be saying goodbye to little ol’ Durham for a few months and heading back to our old home. It’s such a welcomed change of scenery heading there for our summers (I’m still a city girl at heart) and it’ll be so nice being close to our friends and family who live around the area. So much to look forward to in 3 weeks!
What are you guys up to this weekend? Nate and I are heading to an underground pop-up restaurant tonight (it’s super legit— like, they email you the night before to let you know the secret location for the event). It’s a 9-course farm-to-table menu and I can’t tell you how excited I am!!! Be sure to follow along on my snapchat (pumpkinandpb) for the details 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! As usual, here are my favorite eats and reads from the week:
…5 recipes i made this week…
- this roasted tomato basil pesto. i guess i didn’t actually make it this week, BUT i found a big jar of it in the back of my freezer full of this stuff and it was fantastic! win for the easiest weeknight meal ever!
- this balsamic spring vegetable salad. this has totally become my staple salad and i can’t get enough of it!
- these breakfast tacos with zucchini potato hash. i swear i eat these more for dinner than breakfast, but they are seriously SO good, no matter the time of day!
- these green goddess quinoa spring rolls. super easy to throw together, and that peanut sauce!
- ok, so this isn’t a recipe, but we’ve been living off of roasted broccoli this week. just a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. perfection!
…4 things i’m loving this week…
- i’m reading this new nutrition book called gut, by giulia enders, and i’m loving her quirky (and hilariously blunt) writing style!
- POPSICLES! i made these chocolate covered strawberry yogurt popsicles last week and i’ve already made another batch since. they’re seriously refreshing! can’t wait to some up with some more flavors this summer 🙂
- veggie bowls! with busy weeks like these, veggie bowls have been my saving grace for lunches and quick dinners. did you see blissful basil’s new crispy cauliflower power bowl?!? looks fantastic!
- traci’s beautiful post on the passage of time and her stunning double chocolate devil’s food cupcakes with vanilla bean buttercream. she never ceases to amaze me with her photography and thoughtful writing!
…5 recipes i’m dying to try….
- this southwest pasta salad. can’t get enough of that SAUCE!
- these vegan whole wheat classic blueberry scones. these couldn’t look more delicious.
- this paleo chocolate chip banana bread. breakfast, snack, dessert— this looks perfect for just about anything.
- these banana almond klondike bars. these babies are pure genius!
- this cookie dough stuffed cupcake for one. well, this is, like, the best thing ever!