Hi friends! It’s certainly been an unconventional week for me since I’m on spring break, so I’m honestly not too excited about Friday happening this week. I spent the past 5 days in Florida with my family, and it’s been such a joy taking a break from work, soaking up some vitamin D, spending a couple days at Disney, and enjoying some quality time with my fam. The week seriously flew by— but it was filled with so many memories that I know I can’t complain. It’s just hard going back to reality. You know the feeling?
Our week was filled with days laying by the pool, eating lots of decadent and delicious food, and spending two days playing at a couple Disney parks. Before the past few months, it’s been over a decade since I’ve been to Disney, and it’s been more fun than I could have imagined reminiscing in those parks again. It literally makes me feel like a kid again! Check back soon for a more detailed update of my travels from this week.
As always, here are some of my favorite eats and links from the week. There were LOTS of amazing ones out there this week so it was hard to narrow it down!
PS Did you enter the giveaway on Wednesday?!? Go check it out!
…5 recipes i’ve made this week…
- these homemade reese’s peanut butter eggs. ohhhmyyygeeee. so good!
- these breakfast tacos with zucchini potato hash. an oldie but a goodie.
- this roasted balsamic carrot hummus. i’ve made it 3 times since i posted the recipe and i can’t get enough!
- this one pot minestrone pot pie with whole wheat biscuits. such a great make-ahead meal.
- this cilantro cashew pesto. i love making this when i’ve got a whole bunch of fresh cilantro on hand (before it goes bad on me)
…5 things i’m loving this week…
- this durham travel guide from bit & grain. stunning pics of my little city 🙂
- pop sugar’s best healthy cauliflower recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. cauliflower ALL DAY LONG!
- these 78 vegan spring cleaning healthy living tips and recipes from kathy at happy healthy life!
- alexa’s post on turning passions into your dream job. it really sums up our little world of food blogging in such as passionate way!
- these 24 delicious vegan restaurants to add to your culinary bucket list. i was shocked— i’ve already been to 8 of them!
…5 recipes i’m dying to try…
- these double chocolate zucchini muffins. you had me at double chocolate. and zucchini. man, and muffins!
- this gorgeous springtime cobb salad. can’t get over those colors!
- this thai red curry risotto. who ever thought of such a thing?!? love. it.
- these brussels sprout caesar salad wraps with smoky portobello “bacon”. these are EVERTHING!
- these peanut butter stuffed cookies with fudge sauce. alexa, you’re speaking to my heart with these!